Thursday, October 25, 2007

Global Warming

Today is the 15th of October. So it is blog action day for the environment. This is similar to the same type of action taken for Burma. My contribution is a repository for articles on Global Warming from two sides of the debate that I have sympathy for but which are in apparent disagreement but in my hopefully not to optimistic view can be brought together. To be honest I can't say that I am fully buying into this. Besides some doubts as to the best way to address these problems this raises questions as to how far some one is willing to personally go. I have registered this site again with the realization that it will have limited effect. Can't help wondering if this isn't anything more than the web version of the bumper sticker. When I see a SUV with two "support our troops" ribbon stickers I have thought to my self, "Does that make them twice as patriotic as cars with one". Now I am participating in another "major action". To be truthful it might be more helpful to turn my computer off for the day.

Bloggers Unite - Blog Action Day

It anybody doesn't know that Al Gore was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize because of his work in informing the world on the issue of global warming it is not because of TED. A number of TED blog articles can be found here. There is still the question of his house but recognizing the good work he has done and not having a solar powered house and hybrid car myself, I won't be the one throwing stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment