- 1. Provide something of value.
2. Know your hook.
3. Stand for something.
4. Get your face out there.
5. Try to build real, sustained relationships.
6. It's the message, not the amount you spend on it
7. Give stuff away for free.
8. Ride the wave.
9. Be in it for the long haul.
10. Be undeniably good. Steve Martin was on Charlie Rose
- Nobody says, "That Yo Yo Ma, he's so self-promotional," or, "can you believe what a self-promoter the Dalai Lama is?" That's because they're not promoting themselves. They're promoting useful ideas. They're promoting tactics or products that actually benefit the person they're reaching out to.
Forwarding webpages with highlights and sticky notes, powered by Diigo