Thursday, December 13, 2007

Macro-Economics and Sex

The podcasts on Macro-Economics from University of California Berkeley have been explaining the Solow Growth Model created by Robert Solow. You have to like a Nobel prize winning economist who comes up with a line like,

"Everything reminds Milton Friedman of the money supply. Everything reminds me of sex, but I try to keep it out of my papers."

Using the Google Search box within Marginal Revolution, this weblog's favorite economics blog, gets a number of hits on either Robert Solow or his model, including Solow on Schumpeter whose ideas on creative-destruction have been discussed before.

In looking for more information on Robert Solow at Marginal Revolution, I ran across a post on Rodrik vs. Stiglitz, that's Professor Randi Rodrick and Professor Joseph Stiglitz. I know I said I was cutting down on the comments until I got a bit more knowledge under my belt regarding the dismal science but I couldn't resist leaving one, especially since this weblog had featured Professor Stiglitz previously. Since I said that I appreciated many of Professor Cowen's ideas on globalization, here is a link to some of those ideas - Creative Destruction: How Globalization Is Changing the World's Cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment