Saturday, December 15, 2007

Buddhist Thought of the Day on 12/14/07

Buddhist Thought of the Day on 12/14/07

You are now in control of your life. You see, the ego is never in
control. The ego is controlled by wishes for comfort and convenience
on the part of the body, by demands of the mind, and by outbursts of
the emotions. But the higher nature controls the body and the mind and
the emotions. I can say to my body, "Lie down there on that cement
floor and go to sleep," and it obeys. I can say to my mind, "Shut out
everything else and concentrate on this job before you," and it's
obedient. I can say to my emotions, "Be still, even in the face of
this terrible situation," and they are still. It's a different way of
living. The philosopher Thoreau wrote: If a man does not keep pace
with his companions, perhaps he hears a different drummer. And now you
are following a different drummer--the higher nature instead of the
lower. - Peace Pilgrim...

No comments:

Post a Comment