Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting Back To The Writing Desk

I stopped writing which is bad. It is not bad because the world has been denied my writing, but my not writing, my not partaking in the activity of writing is bad. It is bad because when I am not writing I am not doing anything else of particular value to anyone including myself. I also stopped learning when I stopped writing.

It is not that I don't have anything to write about. There are a number of drafts waiting to be developed and finalized. There is also the creation of a new blog. It is getting over that initial writer's blockage that seems to have built up since returning from China. Writer's blockage seems to be a more precise term than writer's block because it isn't a matter of a blank wall but overcoming those factors that weigh one down at the end of the day and making the time for writing.

The plans that I have made for my new blog require that I overcome my recent stupor. This post is the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment