Sunday, July 20, 2008

Getting Started With Let It Begin With Me

"Sometimes when I meditate, I don't use any particular method. I just allow my mind to rest, and find, especially when I am inspired, that I can bring my mind home and relax very quickly. I sit quietly and rest in the nature of mind; I don't question or doubt whether I am in the ‘correct’ state or not. There is no effort, only rich understanding, wakefulness, and unshakeable certainty. When I am in the nature of mind, the ordinary mind is no longer there. There is no need to sustain or confirm a sense of being: I simply am. A fundamental trust is present. There is nothing in particular to do.” Sogyal Rinpoche

From Let it begin with me - mind training and meditation briefings A rough guide to mind training and meditation

diigo tags: buddhism, meditation, mind, philosophy

No comments:

Post a Comment